Follow us on
At GiveCollege, we use the term "fundraising" as a general term for any method families use to raise money to help pay for college.
THERE ARE 3 SIMPLE WAYS FOR FAMILIES TO FUNDRAISE FOR COLLEGE
1. CREATE AN EVENT: Create an event in your GiveCollege profile and invite friends and family to contribute to your 529 college savings plan instead of buying a traditional gift on special occasions. Events include:
- Baby showers
- Bar or bat mitzvah
2. CREATE A FUNDRAISER: Create a fundraiser and invite friends and family to sponsor your fundraiser and contribute to your child's 529 college savings plan. You can invite friends and family to "sponsor" your child's efforts in order to create fundraising opportunities. When your fundraiser is complete, GiveCollege will send an email to all the sponsors letting them know how your child performed on his/her fundraiser so they can make their contribution to your child's 529 college savings plan. Samples of individual fundraisers include:
- Sponsor Gavin for every “A” earned this semester.
- Sponsor Gavin for every goal scored in soccer / touchdown in football / home run in baseball / medal in swimming / etc.
- Sponsor Gavin for every book read over the summer.
- And on and on.
3. JUST SIGN UP AND LET GIVECOLLEGE DO THE WORK: Sign up and let us spread the word so your friends and family can find you and your children.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ABOUT CREATING A FUNDRAISER FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY, CONTACT US BY CLICKING HERE.